Vietnam Electronic Visa (e-Visa)
Vietnam’s e-Visa is now available to nationals of 80 countries:
Simply apply online for your tourist E-visa, valid for 30 days. E-visa fee is USD 25, the processing time is 3 working days. You will receive your code by email to print your visa.
Here is the list of ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa.
How to Apply for Vietnam’s e-Visa:
Step 1: Prepare the required materials:
- One 4×6 passport photo in .jpg format with a white background, without glasses.
- One photo in .jpg format of your passport data page.
- Passport valid for at least six months.
- Your temporary address in Vietnam and points of entry and exit.
- Debit or credit card for payment.
Step 3: Upload your .jpg images (passport data page and passport photo) and fill out the required fields on the form completely. Submit your form.
Step 4: Pay the e-Visa fee of 25 USD. Copy down the document code provided.
Step 5: Within three working days you should receive news of your e-Visa application via email. If not, you can also run a search for your e-Visa at this link.
Step 6: Use your document code to locate your e-Visa online. Download and print the e-Visa in two copies for extra safety.
TIP: Travellers with an e-Visa can go directly to immigration counters at their point of entry and do not need to queue at Visa on Arrival counters.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival
If you are planning a multiple-entry visit or a stay of more than 30 days, you will want to apply for a visa on arrival. To do this you’ll need:
- A 4×6 passport photo with a white background and no glasses.
- A filled-out visa application form.
- A passport or substitute ID valid for six months from the date you plan to enter Vietnam.
- Payment (25 USD to 50 USD) for visa fees, and
- A Letter of Approval from a Vietnamese embassy or consulate (if you are picking up your visa at the airport).
If you are near a Vietnamese embassy or consulate, you can submit your photo, application form, passport, and visa fee in person. This website will guide you through the process.
If you are unable to reach a Vietnamese embassy or are short on time, there are trusted services online that can provide you with a valid Letter of Approval for a fee. Bring this letter together with a visa application form and your other documents to the Visa on Arrival counter at the airport when you land.
TIP: You will need to pay your visa stamp fee in USD or Vietnamese Dong on arrival at the airport.